Registration for Term I, 2016-2017 School Year is now CLOSED for all courses.
We welcome your registration for Term II, start date February 1, 2017.
All applications must include immigration papers to support immigration status, see below.
Steps to Register for St. Gabriel Online School:
- Fill out all pages of the 2016-2017 Registration form (a fillable PDF file). Once the page has successfully loaded, download the file to your desktop. Then, click out of the web browser and open the document directly from your desktop. Changes will not be saved if you complete the form in a web browser. Once the file has been completed, save it on your desktop, fill out the form.
- EVERY student must provide a birth certificate when registering at our school. If your birth certificate is from outside of Canada, you must ALSO provide proof of immigration status (Canadian Citizenship papers, a Permanent Residence Card, or Parent Work Permit, Parent Study Permit).
- Fill out payment information, credit card info (last page of Registration form)
- Scan these documents to: email@example.com or fax to 403-314-9386
IMPORTANT: Please attach a copy of the student's birth certificate and the proof of immigration status (a passport will NOT be acceptable to support your citizenship). Please send us copies of the FRONT and the BACK of all immigration cards/documents. Alberta Education requires this information at the time of registration.
You will be emailed your username and password within 2-3 business days. Please make sure your email address is legible on your registration form.
The Registration form(s) can be submitted to us by:
Mail (or drop off in person):
St. Gabriel Learning Centre c/o School Registration #103 - 4706 48 Ave Red Deer, AB T4N 6J4
Email: (scan Registration form as an attachment):
St. Gabriel Learning Centre c/o School Registration 403-314-9386
School Fees for 2016-17 Term I and Term II (non-refundable):
- Grade 8/9 School Fee $100 (includes shipping/mailing fees).
- Grade 10 to 12 Registration fees. Less than 10 credits for the school year is $50 (not including summer school). More than 10 credits $100 for the school year (not including summer school).
- Shipping and Handling (outside of Red Deer area – 1 hour away). Please note a shipping and handling fee may apply based on enrolment in selected courses. You will be invoiced $20 if this fee applies.
- Book security deposit $80 per course/max $240 (if textbooks are returned you will not be charged).
*Mature Student Fees Term I and Term II (non-refundable):
- A mature student is 20 years of age, or older, as of September 1 of the current school year.
- Course fee (per course): $500 for 5 credit course, $300 for a 3 credit course.
- Shipping and Handling (outside of Red Deer area – 1 hour away). Please note that a shipping and handling fee may apply based on enrolment in selected courses. You will be invoiced $20 if this fee applies.
- $80 deposit per course on each textbook.
* Foreign students visiting Canada writing diploma exams will be charged a fee of $50 (including GST) for each diploma exam written.
Please note school fees are non-refundable and due at time of registration
For those in need of financial assistance, Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools offers families the ability to waive school fees. You can apply for financial assistance, by filling out the School Fee Waiver Form. Your eligibility will be assessed by your school Principal on an individual basis.